With the month of November almost half way over already,
companies are already buying advertising space for the 2015 Super Bowl. This leads to
the impending question: What creative campaigns can we expect to appear in the
nation’s most watched program? First, let's look back.
Brands seemed to adopt the use of the hashtag a lot in 2014,
with 57% of Super Bowl commercials using them. Some of my personal favorites
spun off in to full ongoing campaigns. Bud Light is always successful in the
Super Bowl with #UpForWhatever in 2014 and #HereWeGo in 2013. Coca-Cola made a
splash with their commercial, which prompted conversations online using
#AmericaIsBeautiful. Esurance debuted a massive cash giveaway using only
#EsuranceSave30, which I admit I even took part in. Why not? I could’ve used $1.5
million!
However, my favorite use of social media during last year’s
Super Bowl was done by T-Mobile. The brand paired up with the contract-less Tim
Tebow to promote #NoContract, paralleling their phone plans that do not require
signing lengthy contracts. In my opinion, T-Mobile is being crushed by their competitors,
so seeing some creativity from the brand come during the Super Bowl was a
pleasant surprise.
Furthermore, in 2015 I imagine brands, seeing the success of
2014, will add more social media into their advertisements. The use of
hashtags, websites, and short videos leading up to the big game will increase,
as well as the debut of big campaigns during the actual game will rise. The more brands can engage their audience before, during, and after the event, the more successful the campaigns will be.
Overall, I’m excited to see what big plans companies have
for their advertising, because after all, we know the Super Bowl isn’t just
about football anymore.
No comments:
Post a Comment